Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Funeral Trip to Washington D.C.

As some of you may know, I made an emergency trip to Washington D.C. last week to attend the funeral of my dear brother-in-law Robert, who died peacefully, but unexpectedly, in his sleep. I flew in on Thursday and had a couple of very nice days visiting with my sister's eight children and their spouses; also the 37 granchildren! My twin sister Kim was there; also Linda's twin Judy.

The viewing Friday night was attended by hundreds, literally. Bob was much loved in the community and was well-known for his church service, his motorcycle riding and his good humor.
Bob left a legacy. Photo, from left to right: favorite daughter Heather, Steven, Warren, Russell, my sister Linda, Alex, Eric, Daniel and Jason.
Here is the total family--so far--from this marriage.
One story...I was about 6, maybe, and got stung by a wasp. Bob was the first to hear my screams and rushed to my side, scooped me up and carried me into the house to attend to my boo-boo. That was just the way he was.
Bob, you will be sorely missed. I loved having you in my life.

No comments: