Saturday, July 24, 2010

Travels to Portland

I recently traveled to Portland to visit my son and to attend my twin sister's only son's wedding. It turned into a family reunion as all my sibs came: Butch from Reno; Linda from VA; Judy from WA; and me from CA. GREAT FUN! We are a gaming family and many games such as Boggle, Sequence, Canasta, dice, etc. were played, often into the wee hours into the night.

Weddings bring great food and this was no exception. We attended the rehearsal dinner at Amalfi's, a delicious Italian restaurant. Kim was a outstanding hostess and planned delicious meals. She also had inflatable beds for overflow guests of which I was one. Her best plan by far was the day of the wedding. The five sisters (we adopted our sister-in-law years ago) ate breakfast out with the whole group, then we split off to go to a nail salon for mani's. Kim, Linda and I also had our eyebrows done. It was a first for both Kim and Linda. I heard several loud "Ouch's!" from the back room!

Then home, where Kim's personal hairdresser made a gigantic house call and did all our hair in the kitchen. Here is a photo of me and my sis! Can you tell which is which???

I























The wedding was held outdoors at a local college's Rhododendron garden. We had our own lake. The only negative was that Portland was in the grip of a terrible heat/humidity wave and we melted most of the day but our joy was not impinged upon. We just enjoyed it through our sweat!

It was a wonderful wedding and a wonder family reunion.

No comments: