Bryan is the controller or something for three area family-owned dealerships. He took Larry (and the Sorento) down first thing Saturday morning and the Mitsubishi service could see it quickest. He also rented us a beautiful huge SUV for $25 a day. Went to the graduation, had a nice day with the fam.
Larry and Morgan rented a second car Sunday night so they'd be able to get home on time for work Monday. I had to stay until the car was fixed and drive home by myself. Don't ever rent a car one-way unless you absolutely have to. It cost us $260+ for 24 hours! Unfortunately for Larry, Morgan was sick all the way and he also had to drive the 700 miles solo--and help care for the kids!
I hung out Sunday with my friends. I hung out Monday with my friends. Monday night I got the call saying they had the car ready. We picked it up at closing that night and they told me it would make it home but it also needed work on the actual drive shaft as it was bent.
Advised me not to ignore it for long. Great. I wondered later why they didn't just call me and get authorization to do the drive shaft, also?I left SLC bright and early Tuesday morning. It ended up being kind of fun driving alone--the first 500 miles! I could play my CDs as loud as I wanted, NO talk radio, the temp was on high refrige...awesome! I stopped where and when I wanted, once getting out in the Gorge area between NV and into AZ to take photos of Joshua Trees. You don't need to say it, I know. I have no idea why--but I LOVE Joshua Trees! I really do. Something about them eeking out an existence in the bare desert....anyway I included one for your enjoyment.
I was on the road almost 12 hours. Boy, way I glad to get home!
1 comment:
I also ADORE Joshua trees! I always have.
Post a Comment