I got up at 6:00 am Friday morning to go walk and wrnt out the front door as usual. Walking down the street there was some stuff out on people's lawns. I saw half opened wedding gifts and other stuff I didn't bother to stop and analyse. When I returned an hour later, I went into the garage to get into my car and go to the gym. Lo and behold, my car doors were open, everything inside the car that could be opened was and was left that way, the arm rest console, glove compartment, change drawers, etc. I was kind of shocked but assumed Larry had been looking for something. I went in and asked him and he said no. Hmmm.
When I got back into the car and closed everything and drove away, I suddenly put it together with the stuff I saw strewn around outside and thought, "I think we had a burglar!" When I got back from the gym, we checked and, sure enough, the Audi had also been opned and gone through! Everything opened, etc. I looked up and noticed that my large pantry cupboards were standing WIDE open! What the H! Larry is always leaving his wallet and other crap in the car but he checked and even his change drawer still had some change in it. Thank goodness he didn't leave his wallet in there.
Talking to neighbors, we found at least 5 others who realized they had had visitors in the night. ALL of us had left the garage door cracked open from the bottom for ventilation. Other neighbors lost GPS systems, cell phones, iPods, bags of coins waiting to be rolled, etc. We had none of the those things in our cars so we were lucky. I filed a police report on line as it never occured to me anyone would actually show up but the sherrif came out to another neighbor's complaint.
We learned big lessons, I thought, until Larry refused to put the door all the way. He left it opne about 3 inches. If anyone thinks they can slither under that, they are welcome to go for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is really scary. I am so glad they didn't get into the house from the garage, or worse yet, take the cars!!!
Post a Comment