Sunday, April 11, 2010

Brenda is Almost Employed!

As you may remember, Brenda was pink-slipped last March from her job as a school teacher in the Menifee USD. She loved teaching and was very sad. But with her usual determination, she enrolled in a Masters Program and is almost finished. She will "walk" and graduate in July. We are very proud of her. There were days i despaired of her finishing high school and here she is almost with a Masters Degree!

She also has been interviewing around local school di
stricts for teacher's aid positions. Most of them turn her away as being "over qualified." However, a couple of weeks ago, she interviewed for and was ultimately selected to fill a teacher's aideposition in a special education classroom, which thrilled her as that is what her MA is in. She looks forward to being in a class room and learning on-the-job, as it were. Jacob Weins Elementary is lucky to have her. She starts April 13, 2010.


This comes at a fortuitous time as Dan was also laid off from Verizon as of last Friday. They are trying to get a mortgage loan modification and have listed the home for sale. They are upside down about $200,000 so a "short sale" would be great if the loan modification doesn't come through. I have been so happy to have her living so close and do not want them to leave me!

1 comment:

Ruthi said...

I am so excited for Brenda!! No one in New Jersey will be hired in the public school system for a LONG time with all the cuts they are doing and it is beyond frustrating. :-( I hope that the loan modification comes through too, I love their house and I would be so upset for them and their family if they could not make it work. Always love reading your blog updates, thanks! Love, Ruthi